Last updated on
There are people who experience huge anxiety when they come across even a single cockroach, mouse, or any other critter. They get so scared that they immediately call an exterminator.
And that’s completely understandable since these creatures cannot be defined as a sight for sore eyes. But aside from their appearance, these pests can cause some serious issues in your household.
For instance, rodents and cockroaches can spread numerous diseases to humans, while termites can destroy the structure of your house.
So if you want to avoid an exterminator because you are ready to tackle this problem all by yourself, then check out these amazing tips that will help you get rid of them.
Table of Contents
Focus on the Exterior
There are a number of ways pests can enter your home, hence, it would be smart to first identify all the places they can get in. First, start with the exterior of your house and see whether there are any crevices, cracks, and gaps pests usually utilize to enter.
Besides, you should also focus on the loose siding, foundations, missing shingles, and gaps that are surrounding utility lines (including wiring, cable, and pipes). If you notice any openings, seal them with steel wool, copper mesh, mortar, or sheet metal.
Furthermore, you shouldn’t be employing caulk because there are some pests that can easily chew through it. If you want to see whether termites have “visited” your household, then if your wood is damaged or cracked mid tubes, and bubbling paint.
Other things that you can do are to fix loose mortar, change weather stripping and be sure that attic vents, windows, and chimney openings are properly screened.
Clean House Is Pest-Free House
Whether you have pests or not, it’s generally recommendable to live in a clean house, especially if you want to avoid them. Experienced and skilled pest control gurus at integrum services would like to remind you that a clean home is actually much less appealing and attractive to these critters. That’s precisely why it’s of huge importance to eliminate any food scraps from the sink and wash dishes every single day.
Furthermore, each time you use the dishwasher, drain dirty water. Moreover, kitchen surfaces and counters are supposed to be clean on a daily basis and beverages and foods should be placed in glass containers, or in sealed plastic.
No matter how lazy you may be, you should sweep, vacuum and mop at least a few times a week and utilize garbage cans that come with locking lids and make sure to empty them on a regular basis.
The Best DIY Treatments for Different House Pests
Fortunately, there are numerous do-it-yourself pest control solutions that do not require any particular skills, knowledge, or equipment. With just a little bit of effort and dedication, you’ll be able to get rid of these creatures. So, let’s check them out!
- Houseflies – You can use a sticky trap and place it in the area of your house where flies are constantly present, such as the bathroom or kitchen. When a fly lands on one of these traps, it will get stuck and will not be able to fly away. Generally speaking, these traps are very practical and easy to use and do not require anyone’s assistance.
- Cockroaches – Cockroaches are for sure one of the scariest creatures in the universe. To prevent them from entering your household, you should set out bait centers and eliminate anything that’s attractive and tempting to them that’s around your house. We refer to food and water.
- Termites – The best solution for termites is to place the baiting system around the perimeter of your house.
- Mice – Here all you have to do is to put traps and baits.
- Spiders – The easiest and most effective way to avoid seeing spiders is to regularly clean every area where they could easily build their webs.
- Silverfish – If you want to get rid of them, then you should eliminate access to the areas in your environment that help them prosper, such as inappropriately stored starchy foods, or humidity.
- Ants – One of the best ant baits is placing cotton balls soaked in a mixture of sugar, borax, and water in places where there are lots of ants.
- Fruit flies – Create an excellent trap by mixing apple cider vinegar, soda bottle, and dish soap.
No matter how frightening and awful all these creatures are, if they are inside of your house, you simply must gather courage and find a way to get rid of them. With the help of these tips, you’ll do that easily.
You may also like to read: